• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Limnophila aromatica - The Rice Paddy Herb

Progen

Any chance that those eBay seeds sold as HC are those of this plant?

6NPxUTx.jpg

Or at least of this family although general consensus now is pointed at Hygrophila.

Ceg,

Just under a decade old and your post is still sparkling :)

Thanks for putting up - cracking photos and I agree with your previous sentiment that I think Aromatica is possibly my favourite stem......for the next couple of minutes - or is it pinnatfida or even mermaid weed :)

Siege

Does look different, leaf is larger than the emersed form of aromatica that we see. Maybe cultivated for large leaves?

A chef from Thailand came in the plant shop, didn’t know any plant names but spotted our aromatica at 100 paces though!

fabihanski

I just posted pics of my Limno aromatica bought from an Asian grocery store in another thread. The leave shape looks different, so we may be dealing with different species/cultivar. So I’m not sure which one is true aromatica.

Vietnamese water herb
A bit late to the party! looking at your photos on the link, that is Persicaria odorata, known as rau răm or Vietnamese corriander. It is a herb and it also grows in rice paddies, but it is not ’the‘ rice paddy herb.