• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Liquid carbon

Kurlilox

Seedling
Is there a list anywhere on here of plants that don't do well with with liquid carbon dosing ?
I am trying to plan which plants to buy for my new set up and would rather avoid if they don't like it and have noticed it mentioned on many threads here.

i know riccia does fine with normal dosing but if you double it then it dies off, iv heard vallis doesnt like it as well

Thanks Mike, Vallis is something I fancied but I thought I had heard that somewhere before. It kind of puts me off trying it as I planned to dose it.

I've heard certain mosses react to Liquid Carbon but confirmation is needed. I agree on the comments about vallis and riccia they both get mentioned a lot when people talk about melting with the use of Liquid Carbon.

I've heard certain mosses react to Liquid Carbon but confirmation is needed. I agree on the comments about vallis and riccia they both get mentioned a lot when people talk about melting with the use of Liquid Carbon.

Well if it helps I have grown various types of moss (8 types if I remember correctly) in my tank with no issues when dosing liquid Co2.

The weird thing is that Vallis gets on fine with EasyCarbo and Neutro Co2 but Excel makes it melt IME.

I use Flourish and Flourish Excel and my vallis is fine in a low tech 260l tank. Flourish twice per week, Excel every other day, substrate TMC Nutrasoil. The Val is rooting nicely, growing and putting out plenty of new shoots.

I also grow riccia, christmas moss, java moss, fern and anubias

Thats good to hear as I plan to try out easy carbo in the near future. Do you happen to know if it will affect Fissidens Fontanus and weeping moss?

Michael.

To add to what Mike said, my FF and Weeping most seem to love any liquid Co2.

I'm another who has had no trouble with vallis and dosing aqua carbon (from AE) :)

Viv

Most liverwort also does not like lc but I'm dosing easycarbo without any ill effects right now

Back