• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Suggestion Listing current equipment

Bradders

Hi All,

It struck me that many people ask for advice, and to get good advice, you need to know something about the setup of the asker. (Usually prompted by someone posting a link to another page with the questions when someone starts a thread).

I wondered whether anything like the below would be a good suggestion to streamline the process:
  1. A central place to store people's equipment, which can be called upon easily and limit people having to ask for it.
    (Maybe some code that enables people to enter a shortcode so that data is posted in a thread when asking questions).
  2. During sign-up, offer a simple form so that new members can add their current setup so everyone can see.
    (They are the most likely people to be asking questions, and where most people don't know their setup.)
What does everyone think?

Hi all,
What does everyone think?
I think it is an idea. We have discussions on makes and types of CO2 injection equipment, filters and lighting, but it would allow you to have a central database of the equipment people actually use.
What matters is the stuff within the tank, primarily water and substrate.
Same for me, all the <"technical stuff is really just froth">. It is the water, substrate, planting, filter media etc that are more important.

cheers Darrel

You can easily place that on your profile or signature, but then again most people have multiple tanks.
Rather than ask a million questions all over the place, start a journal, list all your stuff, show progress, post questions on your journal, then you have a proper log and everything is in one place! That's is the whole point of Journals!

Back