• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Little mountain scape

I wish I could have seen how you would scape it, but I look forward to your next project. BTW-I now have a TMC AquaRay Mini400 for the new cube, and am cycling it, but have not come up with a scape for it yet. Just wanted to let you know how I enjoyed watching your design progress.

This tank was empty last week and re-scaped this weekend. I've agreed to let my lfs have rights to the pictures (the shop owner wants original content for a websites he's building). In return I got a heap of rocks and and plants to keep. And the scape is in my house.

Well done - post the link when the site is done!

Yep, I've post a link when I can. The lfs might want to enter it into a comp. He's stocking ada now and last year he went to Japan for iaplc and met Amano, so I guess there's an expectation he'll support the the ada sponsored comp.

@rob, thanks mate! it's just a friendly verbal agreement. the lfs owner is reaching out trying to connect with customers and was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time. He's likely to do the same deal with others; up his chances of getting something good. Anyway Rob, good luck with your new cube.

Thread resurrection!

The scape I did was finish around June, so around 3 months ago. The tank is Mini M sized. By the time the water level was lowered, I figure there's only about 10L of water in there.

I have lots of progress pics that show the changes (there were a lot of changes over the months), but here's the 'finished' pic.

2zyexw6.png

I learnt a lot doing this one. It helped when it came time to do the most recent 2ft rescape.

Last edited:
Thanks Jordi :)

The rock is ohko (sometimes called dragon stone). It's my favourite rock to scape with.

Wonderful work Dantrasy, but I have a suggestion. Most of the tanks I see have paths and substrate in great contrast to the "bedrock" of the hardscape. It would be interesting to see the result if you used a substrate of the same or approximate composition as the hardscape. It would certainly be more naturalistic.

I have lots of progress pics that show the changes (there were a lot of changes
I hope you post these when convenient - it's such a dramatic change from the beginning of this tank!

As always, extraordinary work

The scape above came in at 157 in the Ista International Aquascaping Competition, got the result emailed to me today. Pretty happy with that.

Back