• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Loctite Superglue - Hydroquinone

Hi All
I'm just looking to order some more gel superglue, I was going to order 20 x 3g loctite poweflex superglue gel tubes, just thought I would double check the ingredients and the MSDS says it contains 0.1% Hydroquinone, looking online this is pretty toxic to aquatic life.
Has anyone found a superglue gel that doesn't contain Hydroquinone?

Are we just relying on not using too much?
0433397-1.jpg

I've checked a few and most competitor brands don't appear to contain Hydroquinone, I ordered 50g of soudal high viscosity super glue.
s-l400.png
Only shame is that I liked the small tubes I could throw away after getting my fingers and the tube covered in glue.

There must be a easier way to attach moss without getting the glue everywhere.

I use screw fix own brand really cheep can't rember think I got 2x20g bottles £4 and no issues in my tank

I've used all sorts of superglue over the years including the exact same one in the OP. I usually just reach for the cheapest, gel or otherwise, and I've had no problems that I'm aware of. I think once it drys it's pretty inert. The only problem I encountered was gluing Riccardia with the Gorilla stuff, I don't think it likes superglue at all; it all died within a couple of weeks...on the other hand it just might not have liked my aquarium :rolleyes:

I've used the loctite stuff for acropora coral frags and not had any issues. I think with the dilution factor of most water volumes that even if it does cause problems it's negligible. I do go for cyanoacrylate normally though and find gorilla glue great as it has a handy brush, if not try creating a thin film with a cotton bud.

Back