• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Look what I just found in my red cherry shrimp tank

DSCF5966_zpsb9d76d1b.jpg

I have only red cherry shrimp but I started my shrimp with 3 red rili males and 2 cherry females.
I was telling my partner today I am seeing lots of blue patches on the red shrimp in the tanks mostly very dark blue and some with clear but blue bodies. However this fellow has it all. His eyes are yellow or orange, not sure.

It's a red cherry shrimp colour morph. Just like the yellow ones, orange ones, blue ones and green ones, they're all colour morphs of the common red cherry

Yes, I think it's a colour morph of the cherries. :) I haven't added anything to this tank since I set it up a year ago. And everything I added came from another couple of tanks. The plants were in the post for a week because of non-responsible delivery company.

I saw another one which looks like a blue rili, the head and tail are red the body very bluish and there are quite a few cherries with dark blue on them as if when one mixes red and blue together.

If I am not too lazy the coming weeks I may pick some to breed them separately :) though one can buy a pure breed quite cheaply so not worth the trouble...

Last edited:
Here are a couple of more siblings from the same tank as above. All the shrimp I have came out from 2 red rili males and 3 plain red cherries which I crossed but they have produced interesting generations over the years.

A blue male again.
Tank1_zps210d8697.jpg

A red rili female:

DSCF6371_zpsf3133fd4.jpg

The rili female again with a plain cherry male next to her

DSCF6374_zps288a8277.jpg

And a plain cherry sister

DSCF6378_zps17649294.jpg

Back