• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Looking for content for my blog

GillesF

Hi guys

Some might have seen this topic before since I already asked this on BarrReport. Anyway, I'm planning my own blog about aquascaping and the EI and I'm looking for good content. IMO the best source for this is the community itself. So let's say you're (relatively) new to the hobby and just started aquascaping, what would you like to know/read/see? And which functionalities would you like on a blog (pictures, social media, ...)?

The blog is intended to support the aquascaping community in the Benelux (it will be in Dutch) since there are still a lot of misconceptions in the aquarium hobby here. It will also function as my personal project. I've just started working as an online marketeer and this blog would serve as my "test subject" and learning ground. I've already created a keyword list, a list of interesting blogs (Practical Fishkeeping is great!) and small content calender. The main categories will be: aquascaping, nutritients, technique, basic and algae. Of course, sources and copyright will be respected.

Ideas are very welcome!

Thanks,
Gilles

Just a small update:

I've written about 20 articles and I must say I'm quite pleased with my work. I have some basic articles about pruning etc but most of the articles are about frequent mistakes like "NO3 is toxic" and "Nutritients cause algae". There will also be a complete category on algae. Most of the articles are backed-up by scientific proof or articles/tests on UKAPS/BarrReport.

I've focused a lot on Search Engine Optimization since this will play an essential role for my blog. I want beginners to go look for solutions to their algae problems on Google and come across my website instead of asking it on a forum and getting the wrong information. I'm still not sure which blog theme I will chose for the blog but it will certainly be something minimalistic and "dark" (in contrast with the green colours of the exemple aquariums). The blog will probably go online within a month or two.

As for the name of the blog: I'm thinking of "aquascaping-blog.com" since this is easy to remember and "language neutral" in case I want to translate everything into French.

If you still want to give some input, please do. I'm always looking for good content/ideas!

Gilles

Back