• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Looking for Fairy Shrimp, Scuds (amphipods) and Female Amano Shrimp

ZeeDeveel

Does anyone know anyone or anywhere which sells some or all of the above for a reasonable price?

Awkwardly I only want female Amanos because I don't want them breeding in my tank but I'm happy for my fish to eat their unfertilised eggs.

Scuds and Fairy Shrimp provide live food and clean up crew.

Amanos won't breed in fresh water, they only breed in brackish water, so you should be fine with male and female, assuming of course that it is a freshwater tank...

I was under the impression that they do mate but the young can't survive in freshwater so they die after a day or two.

Yes they can mate,although it does not happen all times and female will release her fertilised eggs when they are ready to hatch.I see them on local shops frequently ,I saw them @
World Of Water Aquatic Centres Crawley
Turners Hill Rd
Crawley, West Sussex RH10 4PE
this week, there were plenty of them

My ex is from Crawley but it's a long way from me. Thanks though. To be honest, it's more the Scuds and the Fairy Shrimp I'm trying to source. I can probably find the Amanos locally.

Hi Darrel,

Hyalella. Undecided about the Asellus. They're a bit big and ugly.

Hyalella are on ebay at around £6 for 50 waiting for mine to arrive Joe

Hi all,
They're a bit big and ugly.
They are certainly ugly. About 20 years ago, when I lived in Bath we had the Asellus aquaticus in our water supply. Wessex Water came around and told us not too worry about them because they were in the treated supply and were "sterile". You used to get the occasional leg and assorted bits out of the cold tap, it didn't bother me, but used to freak the girls out.

cheers Darrel

Back