• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Looking for rocks...

kadoxu

Hi all,

I'm currently planning a fancy goldfish tank and the main idea came from the "King of DIY" goldfish tank:

The idea is to have something like this:
maxresdefault.jpg

The problem is, I can't find big smooth(ish) rocks anywhere... I'd like to get at least 1 rock with about 30cm, a couple of 20cm, a few 15cm ones, and a few smaller ones.

Does anyone know where I can find this?

Try the beach or rivers. They often have these kinds of rocks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Your local garden centre or DIY superstore would be a good place to start...and you might try searching for large cobbles or boulders.
Yeah... I'll probably have to do a trip around the garden centres around this area... but I'd like to avoid having to drive for hours with a high change of coming back empty handed.

Try the beach or rivers. They often have these kinds of rocks.
Beach is too far away and the Thames is mostly mud around here... :lol:

Have a Garden full of rocks/stones very similar to the ones in pic - Yorkshire Stone
Google results... :lol::lol::lol:
2_900_s_v1.jpg

Kidding... all the results I can find for it is cut to slates or rectangles... so no luck there...

Tried searching for pond rocks and pond stones and I found a company that sells something like what I'm looking for, but I'm not confident that they'll sell just a handful of stones...
http://www.ced.ltd.uk/products/highland-cobbles
http://www.ced.ltd.uk/products/porphyry-plattens

Where abouts along the Thames? Im London or outside?

Ahh ok. All the south beaches from there are pebble beach arnt They? Wont find to many big ones though I suppose. Fencing supplies near me sell a good variety of rocks and pebbles. I'm probs about an hour away from you though lol

Tried a patio centre? They quite often stock rocks etc

Ahh ok. All the south beaches from there are pebble beach arnt They? Wont find to many big ones though I suppose. Fencing supplies near me sell a good variety of rocks and pebbles. I'm probs about an hour away from you though lol
That's my main issue... I have to drive almost an hour each way just to check if the places I know about have anything like what I'm looking for.

Tried a patio centre? They quite often stock rocks etc
Yeah, I've been trying a few websites, but whenever I find stones I like, the minimum amount they sell costs about £250... :(

Selling sets. No good. The ones near me were all in a basket priced per a piece. Unfortunately I'm not near enough to you to advise you other than what I've suggested. Reclamation yard is my last suggestion.

Back