• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Lost in Oblivion" 27 litres

JEK

Finally I got this tank started.:)
Plants are HC, Anubias "petite", java moss (on the wood), taiwan moss (on the rocks), Hydrocotyle, bolbitis and H. pinnafitida in the bachground.

I think H. pinnafitida will be removed and instead i'll plant blyxa or maybe vallisneria nana, but i not sure if it will grow to high..? Other suggsestions for the background are very welcome! :)

The tank is a 30x30x30 cm cube with 26 watts of lightning and easycarbo as CO2 supplement.
Sorry for bad picture quality, it's just a quick snap. I'ts only two days old, so it's obviously needs to mature and grow in.

PICT0043.JPG

All sorts of comments and critique are very welcome!

This is gonna be good :) Love the wood, and the way it comes out the top :)

Mark Evans said:
It's nice mate, but for me, the wood doesn't appear natural to me.
Thanks for your comment. Why don't you think the wood looks natural? Keep in mind that most of it will be covered with moss, once it grows in. Maybe that will help..?

I like it!

IMO the driftwood is very nice, the only issue that might be considered as a unatural appearance is that the closer branch is too close to the front glass and it is not conected with the other branch or the other harscape. Maybe if it is a bit buried in the substrate, or beneath the stones or attached to the other branch with some moss or anubias covering the linking point will be great.

Regards

I'm not sure mate, i think at least it should be angled more.

we all see things different. if it works for you then fine :thumbup:

I reckon as it grows in, it will hide that a bit
Yeah, I think so too. There's both anubias and moss and the fern (which is nearly invisible on the photo) will also grow - hopefully. :D

Mark Evans said:
I'm not sure mate, i think at least it should be angled more.

we all see things different. if it works for you then fine :thumbup:

I really appreciate the constructive critisism, from all of you!
I'll try and play around with the angle of the wood...

That's a lovely looking aquascape!

If you want some critique then i'd suggest pointing the wood which is at the front of the tank, further towards the back. To me, it's the first thing you see as soon as you look at the tank and doesn't lead you through it.

The plant choice is great and i love the rocks in the centre, cracking job!

Me like this a lot :clap:
I'd agree with Dan though, the wood would have looked more natural if the ends be connected or closer to each other.
Even when grown in you cant totally fool your eys. Who knows though.

PICT0003-1.JPG

I've pushed the wood longer back in the tank (as much as possible, actually) and angled it a little bit more to the left..

PICT0006.JPG

Slope. :)

I think I'll try and get some Cyperus helferi for the background istead of H. pinnafitida.

Thanks for all your comments. They've been very helpful and encouraging.:)
Ps. If i write something that's offending or just gibberish, it's not with purpose. My english is'nt exactly perfect. :lol:

I've just ordered some C. helferi. Hope that will work well as background plant...
Oh, BTW; What do you think of the title of the scape? Ridiculous, appropiate, good, bad? :D

JEK said:
What do you think of the title of the scape? Ridiculous, appropiate, good, bad?

sounds good to me.

I find names a personal thing, and many times the viewer doesn't always understand the meaning.

I've had many queries on the names of my tanks :D

looks better BTW :thumbup:

Mark Evans said:
JEK said:
What do you think of the title of the scape? Ridiculous, appropiate, good, bad?

sounds good to me.

I find names a personal thing, and many times the viewer doesn't always understand the meaning.

I've had many queries on the names of my tanks :D

Yeah, you right about it being a personal thing...
It want the scape to give the feeling of an old, mysterious, forgotten forest. I don't know if I'll suceed with that (probably not), but maybe the explanasion gives the name more sense. Or maybe not... :D

looks better BTW :thumbup:
Thank you.

Back