• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Low-Energy Dirt Tank

Well here it is...such as it is...iPhone pic not very good I'm afraid but I hope to post some better pics soon...
16800250216_36ba82f57f_b.jpg

Last edited:
Wow thanks guys...your kind comments are much appreciated.
I stopped dosing fertz completely a few weeks since and the GSA on the anubias has started to disappear.
Also, I tied a load of T. barbieri to the wood which did well then died back. There were a few strands of Fissidens fontanas amongst it and unbelievably they have now taken over, growing slowly but healthily. Maybe an example of the much maligned alleopathy theory.
I'm on the look out for some floaters next, I think they'd be a valuable addition aesthetically and practically, also I can use Darrel's Duck Weed Index to judge best when to dose fertz. I'll visit my LFS see what they've got.

Hi all,
Nice tank.
..I'm on the look out for some floaters next, I think they'd be a valuable addition aesthetically and practically, also I can use Darrel's Duck Weed Index to judge best when to dose fertz. I'll visit my LFS see what they've got.
I've got plenty of spare Amazon Frogbit, Pistia and Salvinia "auriculata" group you can have. I like Limnobium for the <"Duckweed Index">.

cheers Darrel

Back