• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Low iron glass at 5mm...

Hyoscine

...do you reckon it's worthwhile when the glass is so thin? I was thinking about picking up a Mini S whilst they're a bit cheaper at The Green Machine. I'm kinda torn though, as the Do!aqua one is literally half the price. I've not had the opportunity to see low iron glass in person, but I can't help wonder if difference is less noticeable when you're looking through so little glass?

Yes it's definitely worth it, if you can afford it...optiwhite glass makes a significant difference visually. And I think TGM has a sale on at the moment.

A lot of people (maybe including you) turn the tank 'round so the brand name is at the back. I do this because I don't want it to appear in photos. So really get any low iron tank you can find. A Japanese brand would be great if your budget is high, but there are a lot of Chinese brands that look just as good imo and are much cheaper (eg FIRE, CADE, Komoda, Mr Aqua etc).

The Do!aqua is a nice tank, put it next to the ADA version & you can see the difference in glass as well as finish (silicon) - quality issues are seen more frequently with the Do!aqua brand (relatively), if you're shipping in, just ask the shop to check it over first.

Haha...I think we can convince ourselves of most things if we're determined enough, but in this case it genuinely makes a difference in terms of aesthetics;)

Back