• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Low Light background ideas.

Neil EFC

Seedling
Hi everyone

I am look for any ideas for a planted background to my aquarium. My aquarium is low light and having failed to grow all types of hygrophilla (leaves falling off) ludwigia and rotala and i am running out of ideas . My aquarium is an aqua nano 40 so swords an similar plants are too big for it and look out of place. I'd be grateful if anyone
Could help.Thanks

I find hygrophilla are quite nutrient greedy even in low tech tanks. Maybe head over to the tropica web site and look at the easy plant section. I have some limonphila sessiliflora and ludwigia sp. that do well in my low tech (though not at the minute). There's various mircosorum java fern), and some large cryptocoryne and even anubias on driftwood looks great once it gets going.

By the way, thanks for all the replies. I ended up building up a load of driftwood at the back to form a background which doesn't look to bad. i looked at egeria densa but even though it doesn't mind low light it didn't look very appealing to me. i already have java fern so decided to cover part of the wood with it.
Although i have crypt becketti already and i do like crypts it was the waiting time that put me off. Thanks

Back