• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Low tech 180l...with a shelly difference..

t.doyle

Not that there is anything important going on here but just wanted to share it with those that are interested :)

We're Just saving up some last pennies now for a new tank and equipment including;

Juwel Rio 180 (Dark wood)
Eheim ecco pro 300
Hydor 200W inline heater

Probably going to use eco-complete and Sera super peat capped with light silica sand. Looking to "plant" Various anubias, java ferns, several mosses and perhaps a few crypts. But I am doing this with a challenging difference... Two musk turtles will be living in this tank!

At the moment they live quite happily with;

Rummy nose tetra's
Cherry barbs
One baby angel (like, literally 10p size..The other half's choice)
Oto's
Cherry shrimp
Corydoras concolor

Plant-wise they tend to have a little munch of anything newly added then after a couple of days leave it alone. So they currently leave alone lots of anubias and java fern.

Does anyone think I'm just crazy to even try an aquascape with musk turtles? Has it been done before?

Thanks for reading!

I think if you had super fast growing plants like Limnophila Sessiflora etc and plenty of floating plants, you'd get away with nitrate levels. I'd definitely have an established tank before I attempted this though. I'd also anticipate disappointment and dead fish.

Back