• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Low tech tank pictures

OllieNZ said:
creg said:
loving that one ^
+1 for yours. Is it stocked?

yeah you wouldnt believe it but theres about 40 fish in there. checkered barb, pentazona barb, zebra loach, bristlenose plec, pearl gourami, siamese algae eaters and a few random fish from my old 60l tank.

do you have a journal for your tank?

not sure if people count mine as low tech though cus i use liquid ferts, it is low light and no co2.

My first tank, low tech of course :)

pic3.jpg

pic2.jpg

A few months in ... has been a learning curb im not a natural thats for sure :lol:

205.jpg

And a quick update pic, please excuse the quality as my camera is broken and had to use my phone.

OllieNZ said:
205.jpg

And a quick update pic, please excuse the quality as my camera is broken and had to use my phone.

Please please tell me you have more pics & details of this tank. This low tech tank is absolutely fabulous. Congratulations mate. What is your plant list in this tank? Is that hygrophila corymbosa compact that you have in there at the rightish fore-midground there?

OllieNZ said:
205.jpg

That looks mint. Care to share some more info on it?

Some great looking tanks, keep them coming. One I did some time ago, a 60x30x30cm (about 54 litres) low-energy tank, no ferts, no CO2, no organic carbon, just a couple of cms of soil under the same thickness of course sand.

soil1.jpg

EcoAqua1s.jpg

soil3.jpg

spyder said:
Christie_ZXR That orb looks fantastic. Are you by any chance running the LED light? We have one we want to break down soon so may try unheated, unfiltered to save on energy costs.

No, um, sort of managed to break the led light unit...so I can't comment on if it would have worked. There's an 18" tube mounted on the underneath of the shelf above the tank. The brown thing with the flower and diamonte on is my awesome DIY effort at a cover for it! :lol: It's a reflector that I've covered. Tried it without any sort of cover, but it looked really silly and the glare was irritating.

I love the look of biorbs (I have two! :D ) but hate the maintenance that comes with their awful filter, so defo recommend this way of running one.

somethingfishy said:
My first tank, low tech of course :)

pic3.jpg

pic2.jpg

A few months in ... has been a learning curb im not a natural thats for sure :lol:

Love this one! Plants look great around the wood :)

A much less humble presentation i'm afraid. :oops:

My 8 yr old son's 15 US gallon tank. No water changes, non co2, no excel, just topping off evaporated water & feeding the fishes. 1.3 WPG of T8 lighting,
Filter: Hang on back
Substrate : JBL aquabasis plus & some old aquasoil amazonia

20120615_213309.jpg

20120615_213507.jpg

20120615_213337.jpg

BigTom said:
All low tech, no added ferts or co2 and low light -

240L shallow, old scape -

fts1year.jpg

frontpano1year.jpg

sidepano1year.jpg

...and more recent rescape -

april2012.jpg

And two little 25l nanos -

p1000117w.jpg

p1000119v.jpg

Amazing...Your nanos - exactly what lighting are you using, what substrate and are they filtered and how?

Attachments

• april2012.jpg
    april2012.jpg
    703 KB · Views: 108
  • p1000117w.jpg
    p1000117w.jpg
    549.9 KB · Views: 185
  • p1000119v.jpg
    p1000119v.jpg
    522.7 KB · Views: 149
Troi said:
Amazing...Your nanos - exactly what lighting are you using, what substrate and are they filtered and how?

Sorry for the slow reply, satellite internet connection was down for a bit...

The nanos are using ADA Amazonia II, each filtered with a Dennerl Corner 'Eckfilter' and all three are lit by a single 39W T5 light -

triplet.jpg

Tom,..those nanos are looking simply awesome. :D

Greenjar,...what kind of light are you using in your tank. And could you be kind enough to provide a plant list please? Link to your journal? Are you using flourite for substrate?

Back