• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lube

sWozzAres

My CO2 reactor rattles :mad:

I've fixed it by using Vaseline :shifty:

Unfortunately, the rattling returns after a few days :(

Is there a lubricant that is non toxic and will stay where I put it despite water flowing passed at 1500lph?

sWozzAres said:
My CO2 reactor rattles :mad:

I've fixed it by using Vaseline :shifty:

Unfortunately, the rattling returns after a few days :(

Is there a lubricant that is non toxic and will stay where I put it despite water flowing passed at 1500lph?

Have you identified the part that rattles ? What reactor is it ?

Without dismantling it, here is a picture of the box it came in.

It has the usual CO2 reactor and a section that contains a pasta style structure that spins as water runs passed. The pasta is seated in plastic holes either end. It's these holes that do the rattling since they are effectively too big so the pasta structure wobbles about. Hope this makes sense!

I am half tempted to just remove the pasta. It's supposed to keep bubbles in the reactor for longer but it still spits out thousands of bubbles anyway.

imag0229l.jpg

pastao.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Is it possible to fit/install a rubber O ring into where the pasta spins rather than a lubricant, in effect reducing the diameter of the hole.

thats a great idea! :)

I doubt I'll be able to find one though, cutting up an elastic band to shape might do the job though. I will have a go at it at the weekend.

cheers.

Try a local plumbers merchant, they keep all sizes, and they don't usually charge, ask for a donation into the charity box on the counter, had to take the kitchen tap to Grahams, not only did they have the right size but they fitted it as well....all for a 50p donation (all I had on me).

Back