• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ludwigia leaves dying off

MedicMan

Hi all,

I set up a shrimp/nano tank (50L) 5-6 months ago and have been noticing the leaves on the ludwigia start turning grey/green at the stem and then spread to the leaf.

Set up :
Clearseal 50L tank.
Aqusoil powder substrate with ferropol baselayer.
Wavepoint clamp light ~24w
CO2 on one hour before and off two hours later, achieving a 1.5ph drop.
Using 50:50 HMA/RO. KH 5, GH 7, ph with co2 : 5,9, without : 7.00
Lighting period ~7 hours
Ferts : EI dosing as per UKAPS guide.
Filter : eheim ecco pro 200.
CO2 is going in through an intense in-line co2 diffuser so I can see it reaching all over the tank and all leaves.
Other plants : DHG carpet
Fish : 5x ottos.

It appears as I've got enough flow, but I'm concerned it may be too much? I have no idea why the ludwigia would die off as I've got the same stem in my 150L and it is thriving in there with similar conditions.

Pictures :
23569615885_7640e1c37f_b.jpg20151206_210935 by Abdul, on Flickr

23986075695_524c951192_b.jpg2015-12-26_05-03-36 by Abdul, on Flickr

Hi hows the Ludwigia doing now? Did you solve your problem? I'm experiencing a similar issue .

I tried with a multipronged approach :

Reduced flow only slightly, increased light, increased CO2.

This seem to have worked fairly well and I've got pretty good growth now. EI recipie unchanged.

That's good to know. I have Ludwigia growing well in an area of gentle flow, but then just dying where flow is stronger due to a powerhead. I'm thinking of sourcing a powerhead that can be connected to a spray bar to even the flow out a bit. Just not sure which powerhead to get. Anyone any suggestions?

That's good to know. I have Ludwigia growing well in an area of gentle flow, but then just dying where flow is stronger due to a powerhead. I'm thinking of sourcing a powerhead that can be connected to a spray bar to even the flow out a bit. Just not sure which powerhead to get. Anyone any suggestions?

Back