• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ludwigia repens not growing

island lad

As title says, im struggling with the plant. dosing easy carbo (5ml) in 125L. also flow seems good and Ei dosing is 10ml per 50L from 500ml solution. (solution is 4tsp pot nitrate, 2tsp pot phosphate, 6tsp mag sulphate. 2 1/2 tsp trace in 500ml solution. All other plants doing great apart from repens. e.g - no growth, a couple of yellow leaves etc. Any advice ?

Hi Island,

I agree with hoggie, it took my repens a long time (4 months) to get settled into my liquid co2 tank, it dropped almost all of it's leaves for me but now is bouncing back and looking pretty healthy. It didn't help that I was constantly replanting and moving it about as I think leaving it alone to get established without interference has really helped it.

Also please note you shouldn't mix your micros and macros together in the same solution as they react together. Mix the trace into it's own solution

Hi Island,

I agree with hoggie, it took my repens a long time (4 months) to get settled into my liquid co2 tank, it dropped almost all of it's leaves for me but now is bouncing back and looking pretty healthy. It didn't help that I was constantly replanting and moving it about as I think leaving it alone to get established without interference has really helped it.

Also please note you shouldn't mix your micros and macros together in the same solution as they react together. Mix the trace into it's own solution

Im dosing on alternate days.

Hello,
Address your flow/distribution. It's most likely to be the culprit.

Cheers,

Hi, I've recently moved the spraybar to the side of the tank, halved it and increased the size of the holes and the flow seems to be stronger and more even. I admit that the tetratec ex700 is a little under power for my 125 litre and if I'd have known at the time, I would have bought the 1200. But lack of funds means that I'm stuck with it for now. I've also got my internal flowing across the back as well.

Better flow to receive nutrients....as Clive suggested.
More chance of better growth due to more lighting....and Co2 exchange at the surface.
hoggie

Hi
I usually leave stem plants like Ludwigia on the surface for a week or two to encourage new growth.
In fact i have left numerous species on the surface..without any issues.
hoggie

I really like floating stems but once they transitioned I'd root them as most stems once taken off will produce a lot of roots on its stem which, in my opinion looks a bit messy but they have their functions.

Back