• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lunapet/Aquarianerversand

Ali-Jack

Morning all, does anyone have any idea what's happened to Lunapet? Their ebay trading account seems to have closed and I can't find any online trading website for them at all!!!
I've been researching regulators and have realised it's pretty straight forward (and cheap) to build your own so that's what i'd like to try to do......would like to use Lunapet to source asome of the parts!!!
Does anyone know what's happened to them? Do they have a habit of going quiet sometimes? Does anyone have an email address to contatc them?
Cheers :thumbup:

There are much better parts out there. Look for a dual stage regulator, burkett 6011 solenoid valve, a Parker metering valve and the rest of the parts are just elbows etc.. Any questions or parts you would like me to look at or find just ask.

Thanks Wazuck. Does this all still apply if im setting up a disposable bottle setup rather than FE? Geeting a 600g co2 bottle from my local building merchants and then build a reg/solenoid to fit.

Yeah it does. You can either buy a disposable regulator and add the parts on or go the dual stage route and buy an adaptor that lets you run disposables on an FE regulator.

Lunapet stopped selling completely. I have asked them this question few weeks back and they said that the business is closed...

Think im gonna stick to a disposable regulator. Are the solenoid and needle valve parts the same for disposable as well as DIN477 regs? Think about 1/8" BST?

Thanks for the reply Antoni. Real sham they've ceased trading. Their reviews seemed excellent.

Antoni said:
Lunapet stopped selling completely. I have asked them this question few weeks back and they said that the business is closed...

I am saddened to learn this. Their products were excellent quality as were their customer service. Some of the aquatic "giants" could take a leaf out of their book.

Wazuck, the Parkers metering valve you mentioned, is it easy to attach 6mm tubing to it? Also, do they come in the standard 1/8" BSPT size to conact it directly to a disposable tank reg?

True, they were very good! I have regulator and needle valve from them and those are great!

There is other company selling on ebay, very similar products... if not the same -username: www * min-aqua * com and there is a listing for needle valve here
I have not used them, but they deliver to UK too!
:)

You will need a 1/8 Bspt to 1/8 npt to fit the valve... Assuming the regs output is 1/8bspt. Tubing and be attached via a 1/8npt to 6mm compression fitting.

Forgive my ignorance....what's the difference between BSPT and NPT?

Both are tapered threads which means they will form a leak free seal as long as you use Teflon tape or a sealant liquid. The difference is on has 60 degree threads and the other has 55degree. You could probably screw them together but you wouldn't get the leak free seal.

Really appreciate the help Wazuck. So really all i need is....diaposable reg, solenoid valve, metering valve, 1/8 to 6mm compression fitting and I then basically have a reg/solenoid combo suitable for a disposable co2 bottle?

Do you need any fittings when connecting up a solenoid valve?

Yes that all looks good. The solenoid again needs to be 1/8 with the correct type to fit to the regulator. It needs to be a 2/2 way normally closed valve. You ideally need one that is of really low wattage as they tend to risk failing If they run too hot. You could also add some elbow fittings to keep the setup more compact. My current setups in working on go like this reg>solenoid>elbow>valve>elbow>check valve>jbj bubble counter. This allows me to keep everything close to the reg and then the last elbow allows it to end facing vertically to mount the bubble counter which comes with the tube fitting. The extra check valve is added to further protect my parts if the valve in the bubble counter fails.

You're a top bloke Wazuck. I'll get doing some more research (inbetween supposedly working) and will no boubt come back to you with some questions if i get stuck. Cheers bud :thumbup:

No problems. Glad to help. I've been through hours of researching this stuff so I know how much of a headache it can be. Post any parts your thinking about using and look over them for you.

Real quick question....do you use the burket 6011? If so, what comp did you get it from? Been looking online but most places seem to not list a price for it!

Back