• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Makro Special N fertilizer

WetElbow

Well, got all excited about ordering this fert as I'm trying to grow HC and didn't realise I needed to order micro ferts as well.

Can I use my micro EI ferts with the special N?
Also is dosing the same as EI. Makro and micro alternate days or add both on the same day?

Cheers

Hello,
Use whatever combination you find convenient. Plants do not care about the brand/type of NPK used relative to the brand/type of trace element mix being used. You should check with the supplier to see what the suggestions are. Normally, NPK should be dosed separately from any Iron containing micros.

Cheers,

Yeah thats my understanding. Not to dose Macros and micros same day as it can cancel each other out to a degree.

Its just on George Farmer's journal [IWAGUMI] Scree Evolution - The End, he was dosing both Tobis Macro and micros on same day. Its a German website so communication is a bit difficult.

Hi mate,
Yes, you can do it the same day, but there is always a risk of precipitating Iron and PO4. If it's a few hours separation, for example the risk is reduced, so that's why it is just easier to do it on alternate days. You might even get aways with it by just dosing them on opposite ends of the tank. Try it and see. If there are precipitates then you will see them as clouding in the water.

Cheers,

Back