• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

manzanita wood :) *PLACING ORDER WITH TOM BARR* page 2.

krazypara3165

This may of been done before but I am in the process of 'negotiating' a price with a supplier for manzaniti wood. However, the prices vary so much across the uk. How much should I be looking to pay for it?

it will all be dried and I can get two types

with bark on (some of these have fantastic colours and deep reds) - However I am unsure if this would be suitable for an aquarium I know of a few people that have kept bark on with no issues...

or sandblasted and stripped.

I will be able to get 30cm, 60cm, 90cm +130cm

what kind of prices does this wood usually go for. what have you chaps paid in the past for it? I plan on buying a load in for my 4ft and any excess will be put up on here at cost price :)

If I have a good experience with this company I will have no problem placing orders on behalf of forum members but as I have no experience with this supplier I plan on doing a trial run first :)

Toms very reasonably priced for the wood you get ime mate and you can always store or sell on what you don't need, I got a couple of boxes last year, good wood :)

How much does a typical box set you back pal ? Any pics?

I know tom Barr has amazing wood :lol:

Evening gents, if this many people are interested would it be worthwhile me putting in an order with tom barr? I only need two select pieces but if enough people were interested i would place an order. by the sounds of it for a large box it would be around £150ish. Failing that I have a UK supplier that can provide it to me for the following prices

Natural.

30cm £15
60cm £20
90cm £27

sandblasted.

60cm £40
90cm £50

food for thought.

Evening gents, if this many people are interested would it be worthwhile me putting in an order with tom barr? I only need two select pieces but if enough people were interested i would place an order. by the sounds of it for a large box it would be around £150ish. Failing that I have a UK supplier that can provide it to me for the following prices

Natural.

30cm £15
60cm £20
90cm £27

sandblasted.

60cm £40
90cm £50

food for thought.

I would be interested, keep me informed of the crack please :)

Cheers everyone. I will try and get hold of Tom Barr this evening to sort out some rough figures and time-frames. Meanwhile I will be placing a small order with a UK based supplier that I have found to 'test the water'

Hi
As per my PM, my own current Tom Barr order is on its way, supposedly having been shipped yesterday. If you want to see what you get for your money, I'll post up pics when it gets here. Anything I don't use will be sold here on the forum.

Back