• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Marin LED pendant on a planted tank?

Hi,

I have an old marine set up; a 24W x 12D x 24H aquarium, a small sump and an light pendant that I'm planning to re-use as my first fresh water planted aquarium.

I know a sump for such a small set up is overkill, but since the tank is drilled for that, why not?

I digress, the main question is about the light pendant; it is a good unit and I'm wondering if I could use it to grow the plants.

It's an Orphek Atlantik V1
upload_2019-10-5_21-53-30.png

https://orphek.com/about/led-par-test/

See the link above half way down the page if you'd like to see the spectrograph of each individual channel.
The whites are 17000K and a little bluish I guess. There is also a red channel and plenty of blues.
It is possible to adjust each channel independently and since the light is way too powerful for what I need (186W) , I'm sure using just one or two channels only (the warmer lights) would give sufficient PARS.

Does anyone know if I it is a bad idea and/or if it will do the job?
PS; planning to grow only easy plants - anubias, java fern, cryptos, echinodorous, eleocharis, maybe ludwigia, etc

Many thanks

Last edited:
Back