• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Marri [Gone to its new Home]

Gill

Wanted to try something with Rocks Again.
So spent the afternoon smashing Slate into shapes I like.
Painted 3 Sides of the tank a nice Blue/Grey Color.
Hot Glued all the slate into place.
Planting will be minimal.

In the Far Left Corner this will be HC and left to its own Devices, to see if it will trail.

024-1.jpg

032-1.jpg

029-1.jpg

040-1.jpg

049.jpg

Re: The Spine

im liking the flattened marimo ball, ive seen a few people try it, and it gets full of crap so i think your gunna need a bad boy crew of shrimp lol and plenty of flow acros the service of the moss.

PLEASE....do not add a betta haha id love for you to show this tank to a betta fan! those sharp edges would give them red mist haha

Hi i am betta fan :lol: I agree with Nayr88 bettas will get crippled if they get the fins could on the rocks... The layout looks great thou cant wait to see the fish in it.

Lol the Betta nuts over on TFF would have a Heart Attack.
Have added the fish and remaining shrimp. Will be concentrating on shrimp in this scape, so off to see a breeder friend later for some nice cherry and snowball shrimp.
Browsing ebay saw some dwarf red platties, very tempted by them. Should not spend the money, but did spot them acclimating at MA stapleton the other week. And same price as normal Platties, Think they are called Coral Red Dwarfs of something like that.

Cherries and snowballs will loooks really nice, what filter are you using? Also what's TFF I'm a betta fan :).

nayr88 said:
Cherries and snowballs will loooks really nice, what filter are you using? Also what's TFF I'm a betta fan :).

Yeah Cherries and Snowballs are nice.

For the filter I am using an Azoo Mignon240 With Sponge prefilter (shrimp). And As it Has a large Chamber the heater fits inside perfectly.

Covered the Surface of the water with Azolla, Love using this as the roots are Very Dense and Perfect for the Formosa. The females have been investigating it most of the day picking off whatever has been living in the roots.

Was going to use the Frogbit i have been growing outdoors, but the roots are toooooo Long and Reached the Substrate, Wanted finer roots to sway in the current.

Will be adding more flow at the bottom of the tank as sugested to keep good flow. Have a few Mini Pumps from water features lying around in the garage.

man o maaan, i love hanging roots lol. get some more pics up :) yeh i think having that flow over marimo will help along with your shrimp gang.

get some more pics up mate

As above added more Hairgrass, as looked better than using Vallis.
Most of the shrimp have discovered the Azolla and watched them rooting around in it @ lights on.
I think that once the HC has been Added it will look alot better. Will be Using 3 pots of it, had to order of ebay as Pets At home is going thru a refit and they had hardly any plants in. Will not be seperating it out for planting, will let it grow in as the clump and see what happens.

I have enough crushed/split/pulverised slate made up to create something Like "Riven" but ran out of substrate and my back was aching from hammering the slate.

sanj said:
Its looking interesting Gill, but i hope you will develop it over a longer period this time.

Lol, You should know by now that I can't help change things.

HC arrived and recieved an extra pot of it so VHappy.
Not planted it up yet, will wait for water change as will need to remove all the Azolla 1st.

Had to Collect A Fire Gaurd for the little one this morning. Noticed that MA was 2mins from the seller so Popped in.
Low and behold who was there but Mr Jeremy Gay doing a shop visit for PFK, did not disturb him as he was asking lots of questions and making notes about the fish.
The Coral Red Dwarf Platties were still looking a little rough, so are still off sale for another week or so.
They have had a delivery of some nice mirco rasboras and gobies which look very nice.

Not Happy At All, Turned on the lights just now. And 3 Fish are Missing, and After a Quick Search find a half Eaten Female HF on the Bed. Guess a Bloody Cat got in the early morning and Ate them.

Eaten - Platinum Halfbeak(Male), Ready to drop Platty, Ready to Drop Female (brown) Heterandria Formosa.

a1Matt said:
oh man, that is gutting.
I feel for you Gill.

So Gutted, its the 2nd time this cat has got in the house. It spends the night on the porch and sneeks in when dad goes to get the paper. This morning it looks like it came in thru the bathroom window after dad had a bath @ 4am (before he goes to the Gurdwara). And went back out the same way. Going to wipe down the front door Frame with some Zest Soap and the Bathroom window ledge(worked with our Cat)

Have shut the door to the room with the tank in.

Another reason why I reallllly, hate cats, I had one deliver some still living skinless baby rabbits to my bed once, vile creatures.

Maybe put it in a bin? I wouldn't think twice about it if it'd ate my fish. Failing that find it's owner, charge them for the fish.

Garuf said:
Another reason why I reallllly, hate cats, I had one deliver some still living skinless baby rabbits to my bed once, vile creatures.

Maybe put it in a bin? I wouldn't think twice about it if it'd ate my fish. Failing that find it's owner, charge them for the fish.

Im sorry garuth But if you put a cat in a bin i would personally put you in a bin with wheels and wheel it down the steepest hill i could find. No hard feeling. :D

Garuf said:

Lol, That cat lady is in court soon. I have actually met her a few times while out and about.

Back