• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mayaca fluviatilis

Viv

I'm trying to clear something up about this plant. When I received it, it's tips were whitish and have stayed that way for a couple of weeks. I'm dosing iron 3x a week and it's growing okay. Some info' online confirms the tips should be whitish, another source said it should all be green. As iron deficiency shows as white shoots I want to confirm that whitish tips on this plant really is okay. I'd really appreciate some input from one of you more experienced and knowledgeable folks :)

Viv

Hi Viv
I have white-ISH tips on my Mayaca too, and they're definitely well fed:D...........(but they could go TOO white, ofcourse).
It's really quite common, that the new growth on - especially fastgrowing - stem-plants is more pale, turning darker. Limnophila sessiliflora comes to mind immidiately, often doing tbis - but there are several.
- so, Viv ........not to worry, if the plant grow well and your other plants don't misbehave :)
Mick.

Thanks Mick :) I'll keep dosing as I am and keep an eye on them.

Viv

Back