• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Media for Dennerle Nano Filter

1408MikeC

I’ve got a Dennerle nano corner filter in 20l tank and currently waiting for the media basket to arrive.
Does anyone here use this filter with the basket? If you do what bio media fits?
Want to order media now and place in tank to seed whilst i wait

Thanks I’m advance

Mike

I don’t use that filter but you should get seachem matrix in most filters and that’s my personal go to for any filtration I set up.

If it’s a planted system, why not just use sponges or floss and clean out regular.

I’ve got a Dennerle nano corner filter in 20l tank and currently waiting for the media basket to arrive.
Does anyone here use this filter with the basket? If you do what bio media fits?
Want to order media now and place in tank to seed whilst i wait

Thanks I’m advance

Mike
there is very limited space in the filter, i simply cut a piece of sponge to fit in the regular compartment, and it seemed to do the best job.

Above would be my approach too with a filter of such size now I’ve googled it.
I’d just fill will filter floss and replace it every few days.
Using the filter to polish the water essentially.
(And provide circulation, surface agitation etc….)

Should have added there will be fish.
Don’t want to use floss/foam and replace as I’d be forever recycling

Just rinse and reuse the foam.

Even when you have to replace the foam due to old age, the tank is not going to crash. Beneficial bacteria is everywhere on every surface in the aquarium.
True
Maybe overthinking
I’ll get the cartridge and when I need to replace i suppose I can change to media then and add some filter start to be on the safe size.

Thanks all

Hi all,
there is very limited space in the filter, i simply cut a piece of sponge to fit in the regular compartment, and it seemed to do the best job.
Job done. It is just like @Disaronno says.
True
Maybe overthinking
I’ll get the cartridge and when I need to replace i suppose I can change to media then and add some filter start to be on the safe size.
You don't need the <"filter start">. If you are worried, cut the sponge into two bits and clean them one at a time. I've got <"sponges that are ten years old">, and I expect they <"will last another ten">.

Cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Back