• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Melanotaenia praecox

plantnoob

anybody keep these in their planted tank ? im thinking they could make a nice change from tetras/rasboras

I think Sanj has them. He's a bit of a rainbowfish guru in fact. Decent praecox would look stunning mate :) Gotta be careful where you get them from though as they have been bred and bred and a lot of them look very washed out.

i can get several species of rainbows round this way , including praecox , along with 3 other small species . i will go take a look at them when it comes to adding fish . if they are no good il go with cardinal tetras

Well I have a whole load of juvenile Praecox that I am happy to give away to you if you are able to get to Hertfordshire. And the adults are great in planted tanks. Particularly the males, which look fantastic when displaying.

Praeco are one of those fish that often look nothing special in dealers tanks, but get them home and in a few months they'll be stunning. I love the fact that they are just that little bit different but dont get that really odd ( in my opinion) and ugly body shape that the Boesmanii do .......( and grow nowhere near as large)

Back