• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Metal halide in 260l

murph

If I was to fit a 150w single bulb metal halide over my 260 l tank, 102 cm by 62cm deep would this be enough light coverage?
The tank is unfortunatly braced in the middle too.

Cheers

I think it would be ok, especially if you hung it relatively high to get a good spread. The drawbacks with this are light-spill and glare if you're sitting near the tank.

You may also have trouble growing demanding carpeting species, but good CO2 etc. will help a lot there.

Is the brace transparent or opaque?

Geroge it's a glass brace so clear, my carpeting plants are mainly hairgrass, riccia and some ug just to see if it will take. I think my current 2x39 watt t5s just won't cut it.

Would 2x150watt MH be better? Wouldn't need to be hung as high?

Would that be too much light?

I like a challenge but don't have the knowledge for it yet!

That Hagen unit looks ideal. My hanging lights are this unit I think, stock oskaka lights.

I might go down this route. I take it you use these George?

murph said:
That Hagen unit looks ideal. My hanging lights are this unit I think, stock oskaka lights.
That's why I provided the link... ;)

I've never used these personally but have seen two units used on the Osaka 260 and it looked excellent.

They would be my no.1 lighting choice if I had this tank.

All the best! :D

Back