• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Micranthemum 'Monte Carlo' carpet

Thanks for the details.
Had you posted your light setup without a picture of your lush tank, I bet the response would have been "too much light" and that it'd only work if the tank was filled with liquid co2 instead of water...
Beats me... :crazy:

Well done, once again!

Thanks for the details.
Had you posted your light setup without a picture of your lush tank, I bet the response would have been "too much light" and that it'd only work if the tank was filled with liquid co2 instead of water...
Beats me... :crazy:

Well done, once again!

Manage a planted tank is not rocket science, it more simple that some say...

I used to have just 2 T5 and when i was thinking on get another 2, some people say that with 4 T5 the fixture have to be 20 or 30cm from the top of the tank, that it will be algae all over the place, bla, bla, bla...

Dont see any of it!

Just saw colours in the plants that i dont have before, a impressive grow rate on all plants...

So, keep it simple!

Light, co2 and ferts is all plants need.

We know that if we give more light that we too have to give more co2 and more ferts. Its all connected...

Thanks Christos !!!

Manage a planted tank is not rocket science, it more simple that some say...

You obviously haven't been reading some of the other hot threads on UKAPS lately. :D It's not just rocket science, its thereoretical quantum physics too! Great tank... I agree with Christos, 100% of people would have told you that your lighting is too high and you'll get algae and all sorts of CO2 defficiencies etc etc. Just seems to work for some scapers!

You obviously haven't been reading some of the other hot threads on UKAPS lately. :D It's not just rocket science, its thereoretical quantum physics too! Great tank... I agree with Christos, 100% of people would have told you that your lighting is too high and you'll get algae and all sorts of CO2 defficiencies etc etc. Just seems to work for some scapers!

No, i read it all and at start, i lost time and effort fighting with in tank circulation, even with the diameter of the total of the holes of the spraybar. You may not belive but theres a equation for that :)

just keep it simple, i say :thumbup:

When a tank is mature and plants established, algae won't get much chance, ofcourse you need good circulation in order to get CO2 to all plants...a healthy tank can get away with much more light, you wouldn't do this from day one and not get algae for sure.

Agree.

The circulation of course that is important to deliver the co2 and the nutrients to the plants.
But what i saw, in my tank, in my experience, was that you dont need half the crap that you sometimes read about.
Good and complete light, stable co2 and ferts is all you need to grow plants.
If this 3 variables were balanced you dont give a chance to any type of Algae...

This is my opinion

Cumprimentos,
Luís Batista

Sent from my Nokia 3310!

Back