• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

micro and macro dosage

Today, I did a 90 percent water change for the first time and gave 5ppm Cacl 5ppm caso4 mgso4 4ppm. My macro recipe is as follows: 0.23N potassium nitrate 0.27N magnesium nitrate 0.5ppmN urea 0.13 p. The only problem I encounter is that some plants grow smaller than they should, my micro dosage (0.067mn) ( 0.014 Zn) (0.014 B) (0.007 cu) (0.004 mo)
sorry about the late response. I would give it a 2 weeks before we make some changes if needed. we may switch to Nh4cl, KNO3, MgNo3 and remove the urea or reduce it little bit. am not 100% sure about the small growth, but this could be the results from sudden 90% water change, let me know if you start to see some improvements now? we may reduce the CaCl as well if needed.
I think the entire dose of urea given was not used. Could it be because it's not nickel?
it will convert into NH4 at very slower rate, no need for nickel. but, you can add the nickel if you want to go that route.
This week I will do it like this, I will increase my micro dose by half from the weekly dose and I will make iron 0.15ppm, I will try it this way this week.
this is fine, let me know how that goes.

sorry about the late response. I would give it a 2 weeks before we make some changes if needed. we may switch to Nh4cl, KNO3, MgNo3 and remove the urea or reduce it little bit. am not 100% sure about the small growth, but this could be the results from sudden 90% water change, let me know if you start to see some improvements now? we may reduce the CaCl as well if needed.

it will convert into NH4 at very slower rate, no need for nickel. but, you can add the nickel if you want to go that route.

this is fine, let me know how that goes.
Screenshot_2024-03-22-02-15-35-054_trendyol.com.jpg

@Happi does this work?

Am not sure why would you want to do that when you currently have full control over your Micros and Fe and can design them however you want.
When I gave more boron dose, I saw that it made the leaves shrink more. I decided to try it with 0.007ppm instead of 0.014ppm. When the copper was 0.004 ppm, I noticed that the colors were less and when I gave the dose of 0.007 ppm, the red colors were more prominent. I don't know how true this is.

Am not sure why would you want to do that when you currently have full control over your Micros and Fe and can design them however you want.
There is something I don't understand. The leaves were larger and wider when TSN was used. I noticed this especially with the aromatica plant. However, I noticed that the leaves looked thinner than they should be with the macro and micro fertilizers I made. I attribute this to the lack of NH4 in my macro fertilizer or the iron I use dtpa%7 edddha 6% edta 6%

When I gave more boron dose, I saw that it made the leaves shrink more. I decided to try it with 0.007ppm instead of 0.014ppm. When the copper was 0.004 ppm, I noticed that the colors were less and when I gave the dose of 0.007 ppm, the red colors were more prominent. I don't know how true this is.
Copper is required for many enzyme activities in plants and for chlorophyll, so little extra copper maybe helpful. Almost all my recipes usually have little extra copper. The max weekly dose of between 0.006 to 0.014 is plentiful.
There is something I don't understand. The leaves were larger and wider when TSN was used. I noticed this especially with the aromatica plant. However, I noticed that the leaves looked thinner than they should be with the macro and micro fertilizers I made. I attribute this to the lack of NH4 in my macro fertilizer or the iron I use dtpa%7 edddha 6% edta 6%
aromatica did quite well for me even under much lower micros than you currently use. You are more than welcome to play around with the Macros including if you want to raise the potassium a little as well, Just to see what happens. You are welcome to try just the DTPA Fe at 0.1 ppm weekly or increase it as needed and dose the micros as needed. For macros, you can also change the way Nitrogen is supplied but I use to only use urea and these plant never failed on me. You must play around with the fertilizer and tweak them as they work. The recipes you currently use should work but you may be facing some others unknown issues. You can also try the Chelated recipe that I posted above.

Can you post more pictures of your plants so I could get better idea?

You posted these last time:

Attachments

• IMG_20240318_221750.jpg
    IMG_20240318_221750.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20240318_221307.jpg
    IMG_20240318_221307.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20240318_221107.jpg
    IMG_20240318_221107.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20240302_193441.jpg
    IMG_20240302_193441.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20240302_193453.jpg
    IMG_20240302_193453.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 25
aromatica did quite well for me even under much lower micros than you currently use. You are more than welcome to play around with the Macros including if you want to raise the potassium a little as well, Just to see what happens. You are welcome to try just the DTPA Fe at 0.1 ppm weekly or increase it as needed and dose the micros as needed. For macros, you can also change the way Nitrogen is supplied but I use to only use urea and these plant never failed on me. You must play around with the fertilizer and tweak them as they work. The recipes you currently use should work but you may be facing some others unknown issues. You can also try the Chelated recipe that I posted above.
I will use macromi only urea, 1ppm N, 0.13ppm phosphate, but I do not observe potassium deficiency. I will increase my iron dose to 0.15ppm weekly this week. It will be as follows: 0.09ppm dtpa, 0.03ppm edta, 0.03ppm eddha. How many ppm dosage do you recommend per week for potassium?

Copper is required for many enzyme activities in plants and for chlorophyll, so little extra copper maybe helpful. Almost all my recipes usually have little extra copper. The max weekly dose of between 0.006 to 0.014 is plentiful.

IMG_20240322_230021.jpg

Actually, the general situation seems to be good.

I observe green point algae caused by NO3 on the lower old leaves of some plants. With NH4, these point algae were minimal, but when I give NH4 directly, I see darkening on the plants. I will only use urea for this.

Magnesium nitrate seems to work better than potassium nitrate. How many ppm of potassium should I use as a substitute for potassium nitrate and potassium phosphate?

If you still want to use this, the recipe look something like this:

500 ml, 5 ml per 75 liters:

18.75 gram MICROMIX

Fe 0.1 (0.04 EDTA Fe, 0.06 DTPA Fe)
Mn 0.0375
B 0.03
Zn 0.05
Cu 0.0025
Mo 0.0025
Are you telling me to try the micro recipe here with the non-chelated fertilizers I have? Or do you recommend me to buy this product and try it?

If you still want to use this, the recipe look something like this:

500 ml, 5 ml per 75 liters:

18.75 gram MICROMIX

Fe 0.1 (0.04 EDTA Fe, 0.06 DTPA Fe)
Mn 0.0375
B 0.03
Zn 0.05
Cu 0.0025
Mo 0.0025
I actually like playing with salts. I'd be happy to try until I find the right dose. Unfortunately, I won't be able to play with mikromix combi fertilizer, so it's more fun to play with non-chelated traces.🙃

I observe green point algae caused by NO3 on the lower old leaves of some plants.
hassan how do you determine N03 caused this algae? You switch dosing regimes weekly, maybe the algae was caused by something you changed last week.
For the record I'm interested in how this thread pans out, for my own reasons. But we shouldn't automatically assume x caused y because we added z a day ago.

hassan how do you determine N03 caused this algae? You switch dosing regimes weekly, maybe the algae was caused by something you changed last week.
For the record I'm interested in how this thread pans out, for my own reasons. But we shouldn't automatically assume x caused y because we added z a day ago.
I didn't make any changes this week, I was only giving 2N, I observed nitrate deficiency, and when I did this to 2.5N, these algae appeared. Whenever I dosed no3 potassium nitrate alone, there were always algae, but I can say that maybe this problem never occurred in NH4.

I will start the new recipe and new doses this week.

I could never be happy with too much No3, but if you ask whether No3 is necessary, yes, some is necessary.

Back