• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Microscope?

I’m wondering if a Microscope would be helpful in identifying House Plant pests. I’ve put it in the section as taking screen shots would be part of the process. I’d ideally like something that works with an iPad or an iMac. Anyone used anything like this? I’m not sure what level of magnification is required but I’m guessing not too much? I also don’t want to spend too much on it.
I ask as I’ve had problems with some black “specs” eating the leaves of one of my plants. All I can tell is that they are black, very small and perambulate. I’m guessing aphids but I’ve never seen any this small before. TIA.

Not really what you're looking for but I have one of those :

IMG_20230821_181544.jpg

I think everybody should have one !

You can get one for a few bucks on Alieexpress.

It helped me identify some flatworms on my aquarium glass as not being planaria and some really tiny white thing on a plant as being mealybugs.

I've got one of these 4" Deepsee Flipper magnifiers, but I haven't tested it yet:
1692642015914.jpeg

I have been planning to get a proper one too. Like recently, I've got some Russian Trichoderma in culture that is staying uniformly white in colour.
On YouTube, I saw <this video> which seemed very informative about which microscope to get in 2023.

Back