• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Miles Introduction

Miles T

Hello UKAPS Community,

I'm Miles from Bexley, and I'm excited to finally introduce myself here. My journey with aquariums dates back to when I was 14, spanning over 20 years with a mix of saltwater setups and simple community tanks. Life's serious turns (marriage, home, children) led to a pause in my aquatic adventures, but now I'm eagerly re-engaging with the hobby.

After silently observing and absorbing the wealth of knowledge here, I'm thrilled to actively participate and share my own experiences. Over the last six months, I've immersed myself in everything about planted tanks through books, videos, and podcasts. This learning spree has culminated in what I think is a well-thought-out shopping list, marking the start of my new journey.

Today marked a significant step as I traveled two hours to Riverwood Aquatics. There, Pete offered fantastic guidance and assistance, helping me finalize my initial purchases:
  • Oase ScaperLine 90 Tank
  • Chihiros WRGB2 Pro 90 LED
  • Chihiros Shade With Mirror for WRGB Pro 45 / 90
  • Oase BioMaster Thermo 600
  • Chihiros Garden Base Mat 90 x 45 x 0.5cm
  • Chihiros WRGB2 Pro Light Hanging Kit
  • Seachem Matrix - 4L
  • Chihiros Lily Type Glass Outflow 16/22mm (x2)
  • Chihiros Glass Skimmer Spiral Type 16/22mm (x2)
  • Chihiros Clear Hose 3m - 16/22mm
  • JBL ProScape Volcano Mineral 9L
  • CO2 Art Inline CO2 Diffuser - 16/22mm
  • 2Hr Aquarist APT3 Complete 300ml
Additionally, there are still a few more items I'm considering and planning to order.

The journey of setting up the perfect tank is ongoing, and I'm keen on exploring the best options available. I'd appreciate any advice or suggestions from the community on these upcoming decisions.

Warm regards,

Miles

Back