• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mini Controller for Twinstar

CJM70

Has anyone got one of these or know anything about them? It's a very simple controller that came with the Twinstar ii 450EA lights on the aquarium I bought.

As you can see it does have a mode button and pressing and holding this seems to put it into a flashing mode where the lights turn on and off, and the more times you press the mode button the faster the flashing becomes. I managed to turn this back off mobile luck than judgement but really could do with some proper instructions so I know if it does anything else and how to use that properly.

I know there are other controllers available and I do have one that allows up to 8 different events with ramping up and down at various level percentages. But I have this too, so it's good to know about it.

Also the twinstar light that I have is wrgb. Are all colour LEDs fixed at whatever percentage do controller put the entire unit at or is it possible in any way to vary the intensity of the various colour LEDs?

Thanks

Attachments

• 16396641407218393899698237021385.jpg
    16396641407218393899698237021385.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 295
There is no easy way of controlling color channels.
Only really useable mode is dimming.

There is no easy way of controlling color channels.
Only really useable mode is dimming.
Apparently Chihiros do it easily with an app. I was hoping something similar was available with Twinstar 👍

Apparently Chihiros do it easily with an app. I was hoping something similar was available with Twinstar 👍
Needs to have the circuit board designed for it..
This is how a "non-configured" light can be split into channels..
There is no guarantee that this works for a twinstar. Depends if it's constant voltage or current controlled and the polarity of the ground circuit.

Needs to have the circuit board designed for it..
This is how a "non-configured" light can be split into channels..
There is no guarantee that this works for a twinstar. Depends if it's constant voltage or current controlled and the polarity of the ground circuit.

That will make an interesting read and I have a friend who is an electrician so he may be able to work things out for me.

I would have thought Twinstar would have incorporated something into their product

Back