• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mini-L and DIY LED light

this scape is very easy on the eye, well done sir!

looking good nikolas lovely colours and like others have said easy on the eyes and love the mixture of reds and greens :) well done

Dean

Thanks for the comments. The plants are growing so fast so I think I have to break down the skape in couple of months. Now I found out, that fast growing plants can resolve ferts and algae problems. Also the reason for the Cyano is still mistery for me. I dose higher P now for the red plants, and no cyano for now:) In the forums people saying that cyano appears from high Phosphates or disbalance N/P. I know one thing that antibiotics are a bit extreme, but works against Cyano. I still dont know if they accumulate in the substrate, but my fishes looks ok.

Hi here some progress on my tank. After masive trimm on the stems and new light.
ebegy4az.jpg
hyna7e2a.jpg
vydapu2y.jpg
u6udy6e8.jpg

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk 2

Hi ,the things has chaneged as the tank matures.:) I also get a better camera for X-Mas :p so hopefully better photos from now on. I currently upgraded my DIY light to a colour led light. I added 4x Royal blue and 4x Red Osram oslons. And I can say it is an obvious difference in to CRI in general. I decide to run them on lower voltage so no heat biuld up. The light bars are absolutely cold even afetr hours work;). I saw somewhere in the network new TMC light bars using the same fixtures as mine.....LOL
IMG_0365.JPG

FTS with my new cube ADA 30-C
IMG_0391.JPG

IMG_0380.JPG

Black Otto very hardworking fish:D
IMG_0386.JPG

IMG_0382.JPG

I am still not very good with the cam.....:) :p Thanks for watching.

Great pics mate don't put ur self down lol better than I could do

Thanks Dean

Thanks mate. Hows your tank going? Are you buying bigger than the 60-F? The bigger tank will be easier to be stable, but also more spend on it.;)

Thanks mate. Hows your tank going? Are you buying bigger than the 60-F? The bigger tank will be easier to be stable, but also more spend on it.;)

Well lol I am going for a 60 p as I already have all equipment etc want a 90cm eventually but that will be a massive layout of cash so getting a deeper 60 I think, how u supplying co2 to this tank mate ?

Thanks Dean

Well lol I am going for a 60 p as I already have all equipment etc want a 90cm eventually but that will be a massive layout of cash so getting a deeper 60 I think, how u supplying co2 to this tank mate ?

Thanks Dean

Good choice on 60-P dude, the best tank/price from the Green Machine;).
Well at the very beggining I had UP CO2 atomiser which works really well, but it pain in the .....to clean it when stop to produce fine bubbles. That is why bought cheepish internal diffusers for both tanks they are esy to clean in bleach , or just rise it above the water on the waterchange and fill the cup of the diffuse with easycarbo or H2O2 leave for couple of minutes to work. always put the diffuser opposite of you lilly pipe (, if internal) the current of water will spraed the bubbles over the entire tank. If you have dead spot put second diffuser or stem plants.
Hope that will help!

Good choice on 60-P dude, the best tank/price from the Green Machine;).
Well at the very beggining I had UP CO2 atomiser which works really well, but it pain in the .....to clean it when stop to produce fine bubbles. That is why bought cheepish internal diffusers for both tanks they are esy to clean in bleach , or just rise it above the water on the waterchange and fill the cup of the diffuse with easycarbo or H2O2 leave for couple of minutes to work. always put the diffuser opposite of you lilly pipe (, if internal) the current of water will spraed the bubbles over the entire tank. If you have dead spot put second diffuser or stem plants.
Hope that will help!

Cheers mate just the deeper tank gives so much more possibilitys and obviously more fishes or any fishes saying that lol, not sure weather to start with I tank diffuser or inline to be honest , how often you meant to clean the inline atomiser (external) out of curiosity ?

Also urs is a 60p isn't it without looking to beginning lol am what you think of the do!aqua same specs tank

Thanks Dean

I remember you had problems with your CO2 supply? The fluctuations of CO2 can be result of lower buffer capacity...add some baking soda or RO conditioner. Also some of the rocks has ability to buffer your tank water and make it harder, Hi GH/KH. It may be a problem with the CO2 regulator....Some needle valves need gas pressure build-up to release the pressure........that is how I have killed my entire fauna in the tank once......when I adjust the bubble rate seemed to me fine...and in couple of hours later my wife call me at work that my fish/shrimp/snail are above the waterline....DIEing. When invest in CO2 dont save money.......or will end up like me:arghh:

Cheers mate just the deeper tank gives so much more possibilitys and obviously more fishes or any fishes saying that lol, not sure weather to start with I tank diffuser or inline to be honest , how often you meant to clean the inline atomiser (external) out of curiosity ?

Also urs is a 60p isn't it without looking to beginning lol am what you think of the do!aqua same specs tank

Thanks Dean

I have cleaned the Atomiser when cleaned the filter and the piping ...once a month....but I have pleached it once just to see if the plastic will resist the oxidation of the clore( bleech) I never put it back thinking that will blow up one day:mad: The atomiser reqire higher pressure than diffusers...once it blow you can loose the whole CO2 from the bottle...and make your house/flat wet.
Mine tank is Mini-L but 60-P has perfect dimentions very close to the golden ratio. I will get those when move to bigger house. Do aquas are lower class tanks made of float glass not optiwhite.....the same perfect silicone work though.

Hi, i was practicing with the came and here some photos:) Not so good though.:confused:
IMG_0458.JPG

IMG_0459+-+Copy.JPG

IMG_0460.JPG

IMG_0462+-+Copy.JPG

IMG_0464+-+Copy.JPG

IMG_0466.JPG

IMG_0467+-+Copy.JPG

IMG_0469+-+Copy.JPG

IMG_0471+-+Copy.JPG

IMG_0487+-+Copy.JPG

IMG_0488+-+Copy.JPG

IMG_0489+-+Copy.JPG

IMG_0490+-+Copy.JPG

IMG_0491+-+Copy.JPG

IMG_0493+-+Copy.JPG

IMG_0494+-+Copy.JPG

IMG_0495+-+Copy.JPG

IMG_0496+-+Copy.JPG

thanks for watching. hope you enjoyed it. Still need to learn about the camera and have no tripod yet and flashlights......:(

Hi, the tank after 3 days blackout period. And some new gear...nano dropcheck Call Aqua
IMG_0602.JPG

IMG_0605.JPG

IMG_0622.JPG

IMG_0626.JPG

IMG_0641.JPG

IMG_0644.JPG

IMG_0647.JPG
IMG_0650.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0602.JPG
    IMG_0602.JPG
    300.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0605.JPG
    IMG_0605.JPG
    258 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0622.JPG
    IMG_0622.JPG
    256.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0626.JPG
    IMG_0626.JPG
    237.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0644.JPG
    IMG_0644.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0641.JPG
    IMG_0641.JPG
    186.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0650.JPG
    IMG_0650.JPG
    420.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0647.JPG
    IMG_0647.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 70
Hello clone, I'm loving the colours in your tank. It needs another massive trim though ;) Can you tell me what lights were you using previously and what you are using now? Looks like they are both LEDs. Thanks.

Hi, Flygja
The light is the same but upgraded with deep red and royal blue led chips. Thats why the colours are more vivid and the red plants grow like crazy. The light is DIY led bars powered from Cree XB-D white X16 and Osram Oslon Red and Blue x4 each. My plan is to upgrade to true violet and green chips. That will cover the photosynthesis gap 400nm-450nm ;) Hope that helps. Btw the light runs on 50 % of its abilities and the bars are stone cold even after 8hours run.

Hi, Piotr I have never done a guide , but I can try to do that. I might even put it here as a part of my journal , insted to create a tread under DIY section.

Back