• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mini projects

Thought I'd update this a bit. First update is the homage to Dutch scaping which lives on my desk. It's had a CO2 upgrade as I had an old extinguisher at work and figured "why not"? It's also had a filter upgrade to an APS HOB which just about fits! I seem to be managing to grow these relatively easy plants ok so I'm pleased about that. The AR Mini had to be removed as in a 12l tank it wasn't really mini enough. I replaced it with Rotala macranda Mini Pink as that seems to be a tiny step up in difficulty and the leaves are more to scale. I'm going to swap the Lysimachia nummularia for something else as the leaf shape doesn't really contrast much with the lobelia. I also need to jiggle the back right around as the filter intake is a bit obvious! I also plan to swap out the substrate at the front for plain sand as the Litorella is a PITA to plant in anything else and as the runners won't grow where I want them to I have to do a lot of replanting of it. I expect I could get better colour rendition if I had a better light, but sadly I can't afford flash lighting so this has to do.
20230904_143734.jpg

Back