• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

misting

MightyPumpkin

Just planted up the decapitated fluval edge and I'm wondering whether I should add ferts to the water in the misting bottle so the plants can benefit from a foliar feed?

Plants can benefit from foliar feeding, they do absorb moist and minerals trought their leaves. Only thing you need to take in consideration is the prescribed dosage is aimed toward the substrates buffer and CEC capicity or total water colum. So the normal recomended dosage (delution) will be much to high for foliar feeding and might cause burn or an ecxess of residue buildup. if i spray feed i do at least with 1/5 of the recomended dosage. If you do, don't use the macros :) actualy i use a root stimulater which only contains micros, enzymes and vitamines.. It benefits younger plants to go easier trough the transplant shock which mainly affects the root uptake.

Another side note is, if you spray feed, it will leave residue on the leaves which in time will accumulate in stains on the leaf and block the light uptake. So best practise is to rain of the plants with RO or demineralized water from the bottle a day (or 2) after spraying before feeding again. :)

As Tim sais it's not nessecary and it's not that the plant can't do without.. But done the right way it can benefit and sertainly won't hurt.. ;)

Back