Mixed Shoals

Discussion in 'Fish' started by TBRO, 9 Jun 2009.

1. TBRO

TBRO Member

I have a shoal of embers but I crave some blue in the tank, do you think adding a shoal of green neans would look weird ?

T

2. rawr

rawr Member

Personally, I wouldn't do it because I think their colours would clash but it's up to you at the end of the day.

But if you're craving blue...why add green Neons? :lol:

3. soton_dave

soton_dave Member

i think as long as one shoal is bigger than the other it would look ok(i would go for half as many neons as embers personaly)otherwise it may look too busy,ive got 20 embers and am going to be adding another 10-20 along with 8-10 congos,hopefully the congos will make the embers shoal fairly tightly due to the big size difference,at the moment the embers do shoal occasionaly but where they only share the tank with 4 sae and 4 ottos theres nothing to make them shoal and the look untidy/unnatural if that makes sense.

cheers dave

4. Vito

Vito Member

Because they are are blue, the look green when looking down on them but dead on they are awesome and I would say the nicest looking tetras available.