• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mixing TPN+ and liquid carbon.

shawniebrock

Seedling
Hi everyone,

Just a thought, is it possible to mix TPN+ and liquid carbon together in one bottle or would effect the balance of the either chemical :? .

I dose both daily @ 2.5 ml each, but was wondering if I could mix the two together and dose 5ml from one bottle?

Just trying to make things easier as I am usually quite bleary eyed when I dose the tank before leaving for work.

Cheers everyone :D .

Shawn.

I pre-mix ferts at the start of the week into 30ml medical sample pots with the date labelled onto them.

Sun, Tue & Thur get my dry macros and 2ml liquid carbon + water to make up to about 25ml.
Mon, Wed & Fri get 3ml TPN, Epsom salts, 2ml Flourish Iron and 2ml liquid carbon + water to make up to 25ml.
Sat gets 2ml liquid carbon + water to make up to 25ml.

All I have to do at oh-my-god-o'clock (04:30 today) in the morning is dump the contents of the pot with the correct label into the tank and then stumble off to work.

All seems to be well in the pre-mixed pots over the course of a week - indeed I was told when thinking of doing this that mixing liquid carbon into batch mixed liquids was a standard way of stopping them going green/going off.

Peter

I think liquid carbon affects the iron in ferts if Im not mistaken

Thanks guys,
The fertz I use come in a bottle that you squeeze in order to get the right measurement in a chamber.
I've started measusing them out the evening before and then I just need to tip them into the tank in the morning.

Nice n easy

Shawn

Back