• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Monoselenium (Pellia) and Riccia

devo

I've added Monoselenium to my new tank, tied to wood with fishing line. Looks great, seems to be growing away nicely. Does anyone know if it is safe to keep it with Amano shrimp and Ottos, or will they eat it ? It seems a great little plant, nice contrast to mosses, I'm surprised not to have seen it more often.
David

Forgot to add that in dry starting the tank I accidentally introduced Riccia. Was surprised that it grows emersed and that it attaches itself quite happily to rocks, substrate etc. So far it is growing submerged and staying put, unlike my Glossostigma, which seems only too delighted to leave the substrate and float.

devo said:
I've added Monoselenium to my new tank, tied to wood with fishing line. Looks great, seems to be growing away nicely. Does anyone know if it is safe to keep it with Amano shrimp and Ottos, or will they eat it ? It seems a great little plant, nice contrast to mosses, I'm surprised not to have seen it more often.
David

Hi,
i have monoselenium tenerum with amanos and ottos no prob, from what i remember tgm have pellia with shrimp.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Pelia is fine with Yamato shrimps. They don't really eat plants actually. During waterchanges, I was re-using tank water to water some herbs and chillies I was planting and some Ricca actually go into the pots. They were growing a spreading albeit really slowly.

Back