• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mother Crypt

Martin cape

Thought I'd share a pic of my Crypt which has been in same position since I set it up 4 months ago. It now has 8 or 9 little crypts coming from it coming up through the substrate :)
yqa5uten.jpg

Cool, how do they multiply like that ? Do you have fert tabs under the sand for it ?

Got a couple of TNC fert tabs under and around the plant. The main plant just seems to send a runner out. Then grows to another little Crypt. They are growing quickly. I'm going to end up with a forest at this rate :)

No. Just came with the others. Just a normal one. Got 10 of them when I first set tank up.

Actually, just looked at old photos, it has been moved to its current location. This was it when first planted:
hutu5uby.jpg

Couldn't tell you pal. I bought a "various Crypt" pack from Plants Alive when tank was set up. Maybe someone more clued up could identify it?

Cool, how do they multiply like that ? Do you have fert tabs under the sand for it ?

They have very long roots and pop up anywhere in the tank. I had crypts in my tank but took them all out when I rescaped about 8 months back. I obviously didn't get all of the roots out and now have 6 Crypts that have popped up in various areas of the tank.:facepalm:

Haha I like that.

I've never had the "crypt rot" syndrome that people say about whenever I've moved some. They have thrived in my tank. I'm going to see how this "forest" progresses then take it from there

Hi Martin
it LOOKS like Crypt. undulata var. 'broadleaved', which grows quite large and readily sends out seedlings.
You usually don't get problems by moving crypts around in the same tank - it's when you move them to different water-conditions, you can be so unlucky as to see the "crypt. sickness" (which is IMO an incabability to adapt established leaves)
Good luck with your upcoming crypt-forest :thumbup:
Mick.

Thanks Mick.

Good to finally know the types of some of the Crypts I have. Crypt selection box is a bit vague ha :)

yep - but please don't read me as being sure. As said, it looks like:)
And yep, that does sound vague (but probaply cheaper t buy *lol*)

Back