• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

mould

nduli

guys

have started my new scape, haven't finished it yet and therefore haven't flooded it. i looked in the tank tonight and noticed mould and fur on the wood in various places. do i need to remove before i flood it which will probably be next weekend.

the tank is open topped and no additional heat has been added so i am a little suprised that i have mould growing so quickly

You could alway spot dose with excell, and when flooded amano shrimp / otos will take care of the problem going forward.

Did you pre soak the wood first before placing in the tank?

You could alway spot dose with excell, and when flooded amano shrimp / otos will take care of the problem going forward.

Did you pre soak the wood first before placing in the tank?

couple of the pieces have been used before but no pre-soak. they are coming out again and will be scrubbed and pre-soaked - still waiting for AE to get some plants in i want so hopefully will be re-doing the scape next weekend

Back