• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Moving plants?

Doozer999

Hi, am looking to rescape an existing tank and might need to move some plants around , there's fish and shrimp in the tank currently.

Some things, like Java fern are doing really well. Some crypts are....ok. Some Amazon swords have had some recent heavy pruning. And a couple are just crowns...

How might I best pull up and re position the Amazon swords? A quick wiggle and they seem pretty well established root wise, but their leaf growth has been a bit poor.

There'll be a lot of disturbance I imagine if I fully pull up the plants. Is that ok - perhaps I'll relocate the livestock for the duration. Or can I just pull up the plants enough to get some scissors under the crown and chop off, leaving the long roots behind?

I'd do one or more large wc before live stock returning.

As you can see... There's little to no structure here and whilst things are generally healthy...I don't think it looks very good .

As ever, any help or suggestions very very welcome!

Tank details
Rio 125 litre
Internal and also external filtration.
UP aqua sand substrate (now 12 months old)
ei dosing
Pressurised CO2 at 2bps
2 x 28W T5 Daylight lamps at 9hrs plus reflectors.
UuS0ky.jpg

Back