• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Multi-tank setup

squid102

When I was asked what I wanted for my birthday and I said "Co2 for the tank" the reply I got was "Ok". Then when I subtly suggested that if I got a big pub Co2 bottle I could have it in all three tanks, the reply I got was " Yeah, that's a good idea". Perhaps I should have asked earlier!

I've just received a Boc 8500 10 bar multistage regulator off ebay for £42. It was advertised as new and boxed but I don't believe it is new. It was in the wrong box, no paperwork, there are spanner marks on the connector and the replacement date on the side is 2014. I checked with Boc and they said that for aquarium use the replacement date shouldn't be an issue and it will probably still last for years. But at £42 pounds it's still a good price.

I'm planning on ordering this solenoid and 3-way manifold with needle valves and check valves from Germany CO2 Verteiler mit Nachtabschaltung 2 bis 6 fach along with their co2 proof tubing. (Google translate works surprisingly well)

Glass bubble counters, diffusers and drop checkers from CO2 Art » Art of Carbon Dioxide in Planted Aquarium

The co2 bottle will be next to 2 tanks with the third tank about 4m (of tube) away.

Am I right in thinking that I might have problems using an inline diffuser for one tank and ceramic diffusers on the other two due to the higher pressure needed for the inline?

Are there any other tips/advice/warnings concerning multi-tank setups that would be useful to know?

Back