• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Murky Redux

Hi all,
Which moss is it
The pale acrocarpous moss at the top is a terrestrial one, that I'm going to say @Kezzab sourced from the wild? It looks a bit like a Dicranum / <"Dicranoweisia spp."> or Campylopus introflexus. If it was Campylopus it would be <"distinctive when dry">. Unfortunately it is really just "pick a name" with mosses.

Lower down there looks to be a <"Leafy Liverwort"> (<"rounded "leaves">) and also a moss with leaves in two rows, something like <"Hydropogonella gymnostoma"> or <"Callicostella prabaktiana">.

cheers Darrel

@Myrtle im not sure what it is.
I have java moss, fissidens and 'mini Xmas moss' in the tank.

The moss on the emersed wood just appeared without my intervention. I have a suspicion it could be the emersed form of mini Xmas moss, as there was some stuck on below the water line. Or it could be something that was latent on the wood.

Anyway, @dw1305 is usually right!

k

I've had to do some fairly radical and extensive cutting back to create some space as the tank was almost entirely full of plants. It'll grow back in fairly fast.

The other thing I'm liking is this wee patch of rotala that just appeared of its own accord.
20230422_211826.jpg
20230422_212223.jpg

Back