• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mushikui Iwagumi

Prevent (lol prevent):
-Substrate/Filter's actually quite "old" (been through a LOT of layouts) so that's one advantage.
-Cheap amano shrimp here in Japan...
-SAE's

But the REAL cure:
-An ADA razor
-A tooth brush
-A wire tipped brush (For rocks~~ this DESTROYS hard algae growth like nothing else, but will also destroy drift wood and grind away at the rock itself if you're not careful...)

I gave my scrub arm a good workout today :)

@John-- Also with eleocharis just chop it. Eleocharis responds to being trimmed by putting out runners, which is good. Vivipara you can just trim like a stem plant. The guys at aquascapingworld told me to chop the accicularis down to 5mm in height! I had my doubts but when I tried it, I had a tun of runners in just 1-2 days, so it really works.

The hydrocotyle is the one I really have to keep my eye on as it grows mad, and sends out runners shooting off into space. It's going to be a battle to keep it low grown, and prevent it from swallowing up its neighbors. The val nanas are totally over crowded by the vivipara, but they are putting out their runners and "hanging low" sorta. Can't wait until they shoot up.

Since I'm coming close to my move back to hawaii (tear down of the tank), some last photos:

hakkaisummerfinal.png

Back