• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My 240l fish tank, way to plants.

dawidmNS

Hello

I already set up my fish tank, but there were lots of changes, and there will be more. I will be happy if you can give me some advise;)

The measurment for my fish tank are 120x50x40 240l
Light: 4x36W (in the futhure there will be 2x36W more)
Filtration: external Fluval 305 , internal 1000l/h (unknow model)
No CO2, I will buy in few weeks time
fertiliser: Symfonia Zlota (Polish product) and K2SO3
Temperature: 28C
PH: 6.5
NO3: 0
NO2: 0
NH3/NH4: 0 ;/

Plants:
- Amazon sword
- Tiger lotus
- Amazon frogbit
- Water lettucce (mini)
- blyxa japonica
- eleocharis parvula
- hygrophylia polysperma
- rec cabomba
- few others not sure about name
(Lots of the plants I just put inside in this week, so its to early to see effects)

Fish:
- 6 platinum angelfish
- 2 cacadu male, 3 cacadu female
- 1 pair of A.Macmasterii
- 1 A.Vejta (male)
- 1 ramirezi (female)
- 1 panduro (male)
- 9 rummy nose
- 10 neons
- 4 corydoras pigmeus
- 2 bristonoses
- 2 Crossocheilus siamensis

Pictures:

1 set up:

2nd set up:

3rd set up:

4th set up:

and final one which is now:

Im still waiting for new plants, some which I already have will be sold. And Im waiting when my blyxa japonica and hair grass will start to grow:)

many thanks
Dawid;)

PS sorry for my english, im still learning :D

i really like the 2nd one :) .seems like you're growing plants ok without co2.well done mate.

Czesc

You will need some source better of co2 as echinodorus does not really need a lot of it than weekly water change can supply.

for now maybe get easy carbo or flurish as blyx does not grow without proper co2 levels as far I know.

Yea second is best but I bet these branches did no god for the water - tested :)

Nice tank mate!

gzylo

Czesc:)

I will buy CO2 system in few weeks time, i just reserved co2 buttle and I need other accessories to collect.

I think the same second one was one of the best, but I decided to keep discus so I had to change my layout as there were to many sharp things so for safty reasons.

Branches didnt change my water quality and parametrs :)

Thanks guys

Hi all
i really like the 2nd one
I liked that one as well a real Apistogramma/Discus blackwater tank.
Here is the Tank Lukasz "Ruki", a famous Polish (from Krakow) Apistogramma Breeder bred his A. "Breitbinden" in:
inin.jpg
and here is the male fish.
img2999eh.jpg

cheers Darrel

I know Ruki from polish forum apisto.pl. I saw most of his tank and they are fantastic. His tanks are inspiration for many people.

Back