• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

My 35l

mr. luke

Here is my low tech 35 litre,
its a rough cube shape,
inert substrate
no fert dosing
18w lighting
10% waterchange per week/
DSCF4208.jpg

YzemaN

Ooh, nice tank! What sort of plants do you have in there and how long has it been going?

mr. luke

Thanks for the kind words :D
In its current layout its been going maybe 3 months +/-
Plants are java moss, xmass moss, a small lace plant (temporary) and Hygrophila polyserma
its the final layout, but the moss has a tad more growing to do ;)

Stil learning though so hopefully my 50l will turn out better than this when my plants arive :lol:

mr. luke

thank you :)
call it irony but the started has gone on the light now :twisted: and its going to be anothe week and a day before i can get another one :( i dont think the plants will suffer to much though, they are all very low light ;)

TLH

mr. luke said:
call it irony but the started has gone on the light now :twisted: and its going to be anothe week and a day before i can get another one :( i dont think the plants will suffer to much though, they are all very low light ;)

Twist it in and out mate. Sometimes starts when you remove it but you have to play around a bit. You can use a starter from a strip light in the kitchen if you have one, or atleast I have before. You should be able to get a new one from any diy shop, B&Q or Homebase for example.

Nice little tank m8.

mr. luke

Thanks, just got one from the shop and its not that that has gone >;( so unless we can figure it out its going to be a case of new lighting (woohoo :D)

Thats an excellent tank, it's not easy to do a jungle style scape in such a small tank

Cheers James

lljdma06

mr. luke said:

Don't you love it when that happens? Sweet little tank, I like the java fern. I can not grow anything with the name Java in it. Everything else is okay, just nothing with Java in the name. :lol: I've got an 8g that's kind of like your tank but it's seemless and has 24W. It's empty now. Only a 10% water change? My fish would kill me if I did so little, but I'm a habitual over-stocker, so I have to do about 25-50% depending on what I feed them.

mr. luke

the tank only has 6 danionella sp. in the tank that are 14mm adult size and about 2mm thick :p along with shrimps and snails but they make up next to no waste ;)
stil havnt sorted the light but everything is growing well due to them being low light plants :D