• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My evolving Jungle style scape

smarty

Seedling
Hello all,

Although this is my first attempt at a planted tank its kind of evolved over a year or so. The tank belongs to my girlfriend who has had it for years and kept it as a fish only, I took an interest in it and began to take it over by adding plants here and there but with no knowledge they died. Over the past year I have gained knowledge and the tank has evolved into where I am now. In retrospect it would be easier to start from fresh but Ive quite enjoyed the process of implementing techniques as I learn and im sure it will continue to evolve.

Plans for the future is to replace the horrible substrate and add pressurised C02, then try some more demanding plants.

Info;

100cm x 40cm x 40cm tank. 160l
Fluval G6 filter
2 x T8 Lights at 10 hours per day
1/2 EI dosing and liquid carbon
Inert (horrible looking) substrate
Mainly easy(ish) plants, Java fern, vallis, crypts, echindorus, xmas moss, hairgrass

lightbox

sorry, first time uploading images.

junglehabitat800pix.jpg

does anyone know if you can use flickr to upload images?

Thanks, yea I will be carefull, im hoping to replace the substrate and add the co2 kit at the same time so will try to remove the fish temporarily whilst the tank cycles.

Back