• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My First real planted 65l

doobiw55

Hi, this is my first proper attempt at growing plants and going hi-tech.
The tanks been running for about 2 months now, so I thought I would post a few pics and some details about it.

Tank- Aqua one horizon 65l
Light- Hagen glo t5 ho 2x24w
Filter- fluval 205
Heater- hydor inline 200w
Co2- Colombo flora-grow nano 95g
Substrate- jbl aqua basis+ with fluval stratum
Ferts- tpn weekly.

Plants
Java fern
Dwarf hairgrass
Cryptocoryne ( not sure what sort )
Pogostemon helferi
 Nymphoides aquatica
And unsure on plant at the back?

Fish
12 pygmy corys ( 4 baby's in the trap)
10 celestial pearl danio
3 otos
8 cherry shrimp (and few shrimplets)
2 assainss snails

d56949e8-3a6f-9d4e.jpg

d56949e8-3a7d-ee02.jpg

d56949e8-3a8b-06d2.jpg

d56949e8-3a9a-f4bb.jpg

d56949e8-3aa9-137c.jpg

Sorry about quality, taken and sent from iPhone.

nice dimension tank and good lighting :) like it.

darren636 said:
nice dimension tank and good lighting :) like it.

Thanks Darren, I only got the light last Friday. It originally came with 1 t8 18w but I didn't think that would be adequate for what I wanted to grow.

Tom

the website i just visited states 2 x light tubes! Probably a mistake... I like the 130 version but again only t8 :(

Hagen does a light unit that fits the 130 but I think it would nearly cost the same as the tank :eek:.

Is there much difference between t8s and t5s?

i am running both t5 and t8 on my 260 litre. The t5 do seem to hit the substrate better. thinking about getting a brillux 72 litre. good lighting but the filter will need upgrading.... just cant seem to find a medium sized tank that has the kit i need.

That seems to be the problem with most tank, the equipment isn't powerful enough! Your best of just trying to sell the equipment and upgrading.

What should I be feeding my pygmys corys? I have 4 baby's in my breeding trap and I have been feeding them on liquifry. They are about 3 weeks old and I've started feeding them with jmc catfish pellets, is this ok?

not sure about the specific requirements but i would feed 2 or more different foods to make sure they get a variety in their important young diet.

darren636 said:
not sure about the specific requirements but i would feed 2 or more different foods to make sure they get a variety in their important young diet.
ok thanks, do you think finely chopped blood worm would be ample?

well... if they can get it in their mouth it should be ok .

I retrieved 8 shrimplets from my filter today, whats the best way to cover the inlet pipe? I was thinking a stocking to cover it, would this be ok?

Back