my first real scape

Mark Evans

Expert
i only had the tank a few weeks.i got the echindorus red thingy out of my first ever tank. it was the only thing i could grow. it even had underwater flowers and often produced that ugly runner with new palnts.

anyway, its been quite a year for me on the learning front. the setup took many shapes and forms over a short period. including the wonderfull growth of algae :lol:

a2b6a74f.jpg

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
You sure have come a long way ;) We could use this thread to show our first scape and how it turned out ;)

Here is mine back in April 2007:

Here the tank 4 months later:

:)

LondonDragon, can you remember what that black fish with the red tail is, top right of first pic and left of second? I think it's a type of rainbow and I've been looking for it for ages but don't know what it is?

zig

First effort July 2005, inspired by "branch" :)

I think this is as good as this aquascape got, it became an algae haven not too long after.

pic6.jpg

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Thomas McMillan said:
LondonDragon, can you remember what that black fish with the red tail is, top right of first pic and left of second? I think it's a type of rainbow and I've been looking for it for ages but don't know what it is?
If I am not mistaken they were "Melanotaenia solata" got them at MA @ Syon and they lasted about a year.

jay

Love seeing how we evolve as "artists" :)

Heres my first, about a year ago.
Image116-1.jpg

Sorry about the darkness, Bad camera and going for dark and mysterious :rolleyes: