• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My first scape - ADA 60P - Jurassic Gorge

I went for the 19mm tubing because I figured it would keep in proportion with the tank size. If I had a larger tank I'd be inclined to use the 25mm.

Just took a couple of shots with the iPad, quality isn't great but you'll get the idea of what I've done. With the suspension kit I used a tap and dye set to bore out holes in the tubing that the ceiling bracket could thread in to. That way I have no messy loops hanging around the bar to hold up the hanging cables. I still need to figure out what to do with the power cable as it is just held in place with cable ties at the moment. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's cables on show! I WILL figure out a way of hiding it :lol: I may also drop the height of the rail too, for now I just left them at the stock length they came from the shop. I think it's a little too high though IMO.

jasa5epe.jpg

anyvejet.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attachments

• jasa5epe.jpg
    jasa5epe.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 329
  • anyvejet.jpg
    anyvejet.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 93
Is it an option to drill an extra hole in the rail and run the power cable inside it?
Take into consideration structural integrity and sharp edges. You don't want your power cable to be cut by the rail en turn the whole thing into an electric fence :D

Impressive candle set-up
Ha ha! We have more candles in our house than a bird has feathers!! :lol:

Is it an option to drill an extra hole in the rail and run the power cable inside it? Take into consideration structural integrity and sharp edges. You don't want your power cable to be cut by the rail en turn the whole thing into an electric fence
I have considered this as an option. I think you would probably be ok if you used a small rubber grommet on the hole.

The hole would have to be quite big though as the connector will have to fit through. I may just pull the cable to the back of the hanging frame so it can't be seen.

This rail is made up of components sold separately?

OK mate reason I asked is it seemed like a lot of money. Go to Toolstation if you have a chance pack of 5 1800 are £22 only thing we don't sell is the elbows but its all cheaper and same supplier (we are Travis Perkins too) :) future proof then :) have enough for 2 kits

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

OK mate reason I asked is it seemed like a lot of money. Go to Toolstation if you have a chance pack of 5 1800 are £22 only thing we don't sell is the elbows but its all cheaper and same supplier (we are Travis Perkins too) :) future proof then :) have enough for 2 kits

Wow that is a good deal. There is a tool station not too far from me too. I shall have to check it out.

Wow, that is awesome rockwork! Congrats!

Thanks Antoni :)

So a quick update this evening...

I came home from work this evening to find my drop checked rather on the wrong side of lime green and 2 of my cherry shrimp dead :( I haven't adjusted the reg and the last few days it's been showing a dark green. The one thing I have done is extend the photo period from 6 to 7 hours and the co2 to match. Could the extra hour really made that much difference?

u7y7y3a2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attachments

• u7y7y3a2.jpg
    u7y7y3a2.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 100
I also noticed the plants look a bit messy and don't appear to be taking hold in the soil and in some places the roots are out in the water. Any thoughts? As a newbie I thought I'd done my homework but it doesn't prepare you for the actual experience lol.
2u2yne5y.jpg
3e6asyzy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 2u2yne5y.jpg
    2u2yne5y.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 83
  • 3e6asyzy.jpg
    3e6asyzy.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 96
Anything going wrong with plants at this stage will be co2 related. As I have found,- knowing the path and walking the path are two different things. . Getting flow spot on is the issue.

Yeah I did wonder if that would be the problem. I don't think the flow from my JBL CristalProfi e700 is terribly great. I should be getting around 10x circulation per hour but the flow just seems a bit weak. Would a jet pipe instead of a large lily pipe help do you think? I have an old hydor powerhead from my marine tank but that would probably be too much and blow all the plants away!! :lol:

I also noticed the plants look a bit messy and don't appear to be taking hold in the soil and in some places the roots are out in the water. Any thoughts? As a newbie I thought I'd done my homework but it doesn't prepare you for the actual experience lol.
2u2yne5y.jpg
3e6asyzy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the second photo daniel. Very nice.

Attachments

• 2u2yne5y.jpg
    2u2yne5y.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 85
  • 3e6asyzy.jpg
    3e6asyzy.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 87
Love the second photo daniel. Very nice.
Thanks Alastair. I've just given the plants their first trim and starting to get a little bit of a brown film/algae on the left glass panel and surface. I had reduced 40% water changes to every other 2 days but I might increase the frequency again. Is there anything else I can help to nip it in the bud before it gets viral on me?! I had also increased my lighting hours from 6, to 7 to 8 hours, perhaps I should pull back too?

Back